AWAKENING THE YOUTH POWER
STATE LEVEL YOUTH CONVENTION
Ramakrishna Mission, Delhi in collaboration with Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI), with financial assistance from the Central Government through the Ramakrishna Mission, Belur Math, conducted a three day State Level Youth Convention with the theme ‘Awakening The Youth Power‘ from 18th October to 20th October 2013.
Proceedings from the Last Day (20 Oct 2013)
- Youth attended the Yoga and Meditation session at the start of the day.
Session 1 – Success Mantra for the Youth (युवाओं के लिए सफलता के मंत्र)
- Swami Srikantananda, Ramakrishna Math, Pune spoke on ‘How is true success defined‘ (Link to the talk)
- Dr. V. Irai Anbu, Principal Secretary to the Govt. of Tamil Nadu, spoke to the participants on ‘Challenges before success seekers. (Link to the talk).
- Col. Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore, Silver Medalist in 2004 Olympic Games at Athens, spoke on ‘Never lose sight of the goal (लक्ष्य कभी न भूलें) (Link to the Hindi talk)
Session 2 – Inspired Lives (प्रेरित जीवन)
- Sri H.R. Gaikwad, capacity builder among rural youth, founder of BVG India, spoke on ‘Unleashing the potential of rural India’. (Link to the Hindi talk)
- Swami Sarvasthananda, Ramakrishna Math, Rajkot, spoke on Vivekananda, the fountain-head of inspiration. (Link to the talk)
- Ms. Arunima Sinha, the first woman amputee to scale Mt. Everest enthused the youth participants with her address ‘Triumph of human spirit – मानव की आत्मशक्ति की विजय‘ (Link to the Hindi talk)
Session 3 – Restoring India’s Glory: Role of Youth Leaders (भारतीय गरिमा की पुनः स्थापना – युवा नेताओं की भूमिका )
- Dr. R. Balasubramaniam, Founder Chairman of Swami Vivekananda Youth Movement, spoke on ‘Creative role of youth in India’s development’ (Link to the talk)
- Dr. Jayaprakash Narayan, MLA, President of the Lok Satta Party spoke on ‘Need for youth participation in public life‘(Link to the talk)
- Sri Arun Krishnamurthy, Environmentalist, founder of Environment Foundation of India (EFI), spoke on ‘Youth and Environment‘ (Link to the talk)
- Dr. Trilochan Sastry, Professor at Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore (IIMB), spoke on ‘Role of youth in Education‘ (Link to the talk)
- Interactive session on the topics covered in the morning sessions
- Tea Break
- Presentation and Observation by Youth Delegates.
Session 4 – Valedictory Session
- Recitation of ‘Swadesh Mantra’ by Youth Delegates.
- Address by Swami Shantatmananda, Secretary, Ramakrishna Mission, Delhi
- Dr. Ashok Chauhan, Founder President of Amity Education was the Guest of Honor and addressed the participants. (Link to the Hindi talk)
- Dr. E. Sreedharan, former Managing Director of Delhi Metro (DMRC), was also the Guest of Honor for the evening. His address to the youth on some of the ethics and working principles of Delhi Metro was well received. (Link to the talk)
- Closing song
- All the participants had their dinner at the close of the day’s proceedings.
Some photos from the last day of the State Level Youth Convention:
- Report: The Statesman