The Ramakrishna Mission, New Delhi, celebrated the Snan Yatra festival with a Speial Puja to Bhagavan Sri Ramakrishna on Wednesday, the 15th June 2011. On this auspicious day, Sri Sri Thakur, Ma and Swamiji were adorned with new clothes. The garbha mandir was tastefully decorated with flowers and flower vases with a backdrop of ‘Oum’ behind Sri Sri Thakur’s idol.
The day began with Mangalarati at 5.00 a.m. after blowing the conch. This was followed by Vedic chanting.
The special Puja started at 7.40 a.m. and lasted till 9.50 a.m. Rrevered Swami Tattwatitanandaji (Manavendra Maharaj) performed puja and Homa in the Temple. During the Puja Shri Champak Chaterjee, Shri Chandranath Mukherjee and Br. Abhayesh Maharaj rendered bhajans accompanied by Swami Archyanandaji (Hari Shankar Maharaj) of Lucknow Ashram and Shri Ashok Brahmachari on tabla.
The Puja was followed by Homa at10.00 a.m. which was over by 10.50 a.m. Then Pushpanjali was administered to all devotees by Revered swami Bhaktirasanandaji Maharaj at 11.00 a.m. and bhoga was offered beteen 11.15 a.m. and and 11,45 a.m. Then Arati was performed at 11.45 a.m. and the Temple was closed at 12.15 p.m. after all the devotees offered pranams to the Holy Trinity.
The following are the other statistical details of the event:-
- Khichuri prasad containing khichuri and cut-fruits in plastic containers was served to 500 devotees who attended the Puja.
- Also, as the TB clinic and Medical Centre at Karol Bagh was working on this day, about 100 staff members were served khichuri prasad there.
- Khichuri prasad was served at the outer gate of the the Ashrama for 200 persons
- About 150 persons including monastics and volunteers took prasad inside the dining hall.
- In the evening, after Arati, boondi prasad packets and sharbat were distributed to 60 devotees who attended the evening Arati.
- In the night about 100 persons (including monastics and volunteers) took prasad in the dining hall.
- Total collection of donations received on this day was Rs. 9860/-.